Search This Blog

Friday 29 July 2016

Discord Channel


As some of you may have noticed already, along with the blog changing layouts to accomodate this change, I recently put up a discord server for the blog quite recently. Was it... a day or two ago? Anyways, now we have a chat that we can use to talk to each other to!

... Except that I'm the only one in the chat right now... along with a bot or six

Which is why I decided to add in something into the discord chat.



My original plan was to enable the Discord Server to use bots to search twitter up for decklists and post them directly into the chat, but there wasn't a bot that did that (while I did find a bot that technically "follows" a person, which is gonna be useful for me on the long run). I could have spent 10 months to make a bot myself since it's not like I don't have any experience coding, but I couldn't settle the tools for that and gave up on the idea.

In the end, I ended up using Pixl'd to help me google search those decklists. It's not like you can do the exact same thing on your own browser without the help of that bot, but hey, it's at least better than nothing. I also posted a way on how to use Pixl'd to google search the deck you want for you, which isn't really hard, but it does contain the trick on how to search for decklists, if you didn't know already.

Anyways, for those of you who are interested, please join the server. The link to the server should be on the right side corner of the blog, just click on it and log in into Discord. I feel too lonely alone here... I guess I could start a conversation with a Cleverbot...

On a topic other than Discord, in the near future, I plan to cover another decklist following Maboroshi Sapphire, but this time, focused with Budget as a base, considering how I don't give a fuck about budget when writing my blogs. I don't have a settled base LRIG yet, but it's probably going to become Ulith, which would mean that I'd have to write an Ulith guide post first. We'll see on how this works out. Now, adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment